These Mediterranean Roasted Almonds can be stored up to a month in an airtight container, so they’re the perfect finger food to make a few days before a big event such as Christmas or a dinner party. They also are a wonderful holiday gift for neighbors and teachers because you can make big batches by doubling or tripling the recipe and separating out into festive containers.
~Yields 6 Cups~
3 Egg Whites
3 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
30 oz Whole Raw Almonds
5 T Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt
5 T Sugar
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
I couldn’t find mediterranean spiced sea salt, but I could find sea salt and mediterranean seasoning as two separate spices, so I simply bought these two and mixed them together, with a 2:1 ratio (sea salt:mediterranean seasoning), until I had 5 T of this mixture.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Whisk eggs, Worcestershire Sauce, and 1 T of water in large bowl until frothy.
- Add almonds, stirring to coat.
- Combine salt mixture, sugar, garlic powder, and red pepper in another large bowl.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer almonds into spice mixture to coat.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer almonds from spice mixture to greased basking sheet in a single layer (it will take more than one baking sheet).
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring at halfway through.
- Cool completely before serving.
Mix and Coat
Bake for 45 Minutes
Cool Completely &
Serve in Festive Container