- 12 oz bowtie pasta (aka Farfalle pasta)
- vegetable oil
- 1 C yellow cornmeal
- 1 portion of this Creole seasoning mixture (Emeril’s Essence Creole Seasoning + garlic powder)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- I add 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Boil pasta for 12 minutes, drain, and blot dry on paper towels
- Pour 2 inches of vegetable oil into deep sauce pan or dutch oven. Heat it up over medium-high heat while coating pasta in next step.
- Combine corneal and creole seasoning mix in large bowl. Toss pasta, 10 pieces at a time in to bowl and coat with seasoning. Make sure the pasta is not stuck together before tossing them into bowl.
- Fry pasta, 10 pieces at a time, for 3 or 4 minutes or until lightly brown. Be careful…they will burn very quickly!
- Using slotted spoon, remove pasta from oil and place in on paper towels to drain.
- Put in festive container and enjoy!
COOK PASTA AND DRAIN
TOSS PASTA IN SEASONING, PLACING COVERED PIECES IN CLEAN BOWL
FRY 10 PIECES AT A TIME
DRAIN ON PAPER TOWEL